Bactivator is a 100% organic bio-stimulation and the natural foundation of a healthy hydroponic or soil system. By recreating the conditions found in a good rich organic topsoil. Bactivator offers unrivalled bio-stimulation leading to enhanced, compact vegetative growth and profuse flower and fruit production.
Bactivator Protects your roots against pythium & phytopythoria with with its natural microbial defence system.
The colonisation at the root zone by these beneficial microbes directly stimulates cellular function and root growth. Additionally, Bactivator provides a natural microbial defence system to resist fungal infections by pre-emptive consumption of their food sources, which in turn increases resistance to pest attack.
Bactivator is supplied as two parts:
- The first is a unique mixture of over 40 carefully selected and cultured beneficial microbes and fungi in a latent state specially blended with amino acids and extracts of Fulvic and Humic acid in tablet form. The blend will remain stable in this state indefinitely until activated. Once activated, the microbes in Bactivator attach themselves to the root hairs and take the waste products from root functions and convert them into usable plant nutrients to ensure nutrients and oxygen remain at optimal levels during all stages of crop growth.
- The second component is a liquid blend of plant hormones, enzymes, amino acids and microbial catalysts designed to stimulate root function and sustain the microbial culture during the initial stages of inoculation.
Bactivator should be added to the nutrient reservoir on a weekly basis to maintain good microbial balance at the root zone. Bactivator can also be used in conjunction with any nutrient concentrate to enhance biological activity at the root zone. However, for the best result we recommend using as part of the complete HYDRoToPS biOpOnic nutrient programme.
If you have not used Bactivator before and experience a root infection in your crop, we recommend double dosing with (activated) microbes only. Activate the microbes (2 doses in 500ml tepid/25 °C water and allow to stand for 30 minutes) If you can aerate the microbial solution before use this will increase its effectiveness of combating the root infection. Add immediately to the nutrient solution but DO NOT add the liquid catalyst in this application.
Directions for mixing:
Each Hydrotops Bactivator tablet contains enough microbes to treat 50 litres of your nutrient solution or water. They need to be activated :
- Fill a clean jug or container with 500ml of lukewarm water (25ºC)
- For every 50L of nutrient solution add one tablet and allow to dissolve . A small amount of residue may remain, this is completely natural.
- After the tablet has dissolved, add 10ml of the catalyst solution for each tablet used and give it a stir.
- Add the contents of the jug to your nutrient solution and feed your plants as normal. Repeat weekly or with each tank change.
- Top Tip : To really kick start the initial root symbiosis of Bactivator we recommend bubbling for 15 minutes with a small air stone. The solution will froth up during the process.
DO NOT use hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) with these products. Doing so will severely restrict the effectiveness of the microbes. H2O2 based products are used to add oxygen to the nutrient solution as well as acting as a disinfectant The carefully selected blend of micro organisms in our products not only keep your root free of potential infections they also regulate the availability of oxygen directly at the root zone where it is needed most.
Whilst avoiding peroxide based products, it is also advisable to maintain the temperature at the root zone between 17 to 19 °C. During the summer months it is not always possible to maintain your nutrient temperature within this range, however our microbial products will continue to work up to a temperature of 30 °C without reduced effectiveness.
Using hydrogen peroxide during the summer months to add oxygen and to prevent root disease is a common practice. Whilst this may work to some degree, considering a nutrient chiller is an effective alternative.