The DimLux Expert Series is the most advanced and complete lighting system on the market. DimLux combines the best of two worlds: The Alpha Optics 98 Reflector in combination with the Xtreme ballast and 400V Full Spectrum Lamp, is a complete fixture with the highest level of reflector efficiency and light output yet available.
With Dimlux lighting, plants gets a cleaner, more powerful light which operates at cooler temperatures. Coupled with the Maxi Controller and other available sensors, Dimlux provides unparalleled control and efficiency.
- The highest output (light) due to the overdrive boost and 400V UHF technology
- Miro Silver Reflector with Single Bounce Clear Sight (SBCS) principle
- Highly efficient - puts out 2.1 micromole (µmol) per watt
- The broadest dimming range of all digital ballasts
- Soft-Start, Soft-Dim, Soft-Off function
- Can be dimmed manually in 8 levels including the “off” position.
- Can be variably dimmed and controlled via the Maxi Controller
- Extensive diagnostic LEDs
- EOL function (End Of Life indication to replace lamps)
- Safety features for preventing short circuits, open contact, high temperatures, too low voltage, too high voltage
- SBCS -Single Bounce reflector ensures minimal light loss
- Brighter, cleaner light for maximum yield
- Less Heat – reduced risk of heat damage to plants
- Reduce cooling costs
- No loss of vertical space – ideal for rooms with low or high ceilings
- Available Master Controller (sold separately) for dimming to sunrise/sunset and when temperature, humidity, VPD and CO2 levels vary
- Overall much greater output and yield than any other lighting system
Alpha Optics 98 Reflector
This Alpha Optics 98 reflector was designed
according to the Single Bounce Clear Sight (SBCS)
principle and is equipped with Miro Silver mirrors.
This achieves the highest possible level of efficiency (98%) of any commercially available horticultural reflector. The reflector is fitted with adjustable side reflectors for better overlapping and minimizing wall losses.
Thanks to the open reflector design, the lamp is passively cooled, which improves both the service life and efficiency of the lamp. Warm air can be actively be extracted through
a 2inch /50 mm connection on the reflector which reduces the room temperature significantly. In addition, separately available add-on reflectors can be installed to further reduce wall losses. The reflector is replaceable.
To get the most from these units, we recommend using them in conjunction with the Dimlux Maxi Controller. You can then do away with your contactor /timer setup and control up to 160 fixtures from a single point, scheduling on and off times and regulating output levels according to room temperature or VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) levels, so that plant temperatures always stay within range.
1000 WATT DE EL UHF Specifications:
- Suitable for: 1000W 400V EL UHF
- Reflector: Alpha Optics Miro Silver with 98% Efficiency
- Output: 600-1200 Watt
- Connection: 230V standard (also available with 277V upon request)
- Overdrive: 20%
- Soft Start: Low inrush for use without Maxi Controller and Zero start (no inrush) for use with the Maxi Controller
- Soft Dim: Yes
- Dimming: 7 dim levels and off mode. Can be switched on and off via the Maxi Controller
as well as Infinite Step-less dimming
- Dim Levels: Soft Off, 600W, 700W, 800W, 900W, 1000W, 1100W, 1200W
- Frequency: UHF Ultra High 140 KHz
- Lamp: Philips Master GreenPower Plus 1000W / 400V DE EL 2.2 Plus lamp
- Power Consumption: @1000W = 1.050W 4.5A at 230V
@1200W – 1.260W, 5.2A at 230V
- Par / PPF: 2,470 µmol/s at 1200W * 2.05 µmol/Watt
- Illumination Surface: @1000W = min 1.4m² (15.06ft²), max 3.3m² (35.52ft²) 6 x 6 Footprint/Spread
@1200W = min 1.65m² (17.76ft²), max. 4m² (43.05ft²) 6½ x 6½ Footprint/Spread
- Diagnostics: Red & green LED signals
- Dimensions: 26 ½”” x 10 ¾” x 5 ⅛” / 67.5cm x 27.5cm x 13cm
- Weight: 13.88 lbs / 6.3 Kg
In the look and feel of these all-in-one lighting systems from Dimlux you can tell that something special awaits your plants. Designed and manufactured to impeccably high standards, the sleek and stylish gold casing and blindingly shiny reflector are clearly visible indicators of the sensational quality on offer and the truly outstanding performance capabilities.
Each Dimlux Expert Lighting System consists of a cutting-edge Dimlux Xtreme Ballast, a dazzling, remarkably flexible Alpha Optics 98 Reflector and a powerful and efficient Greenpower lamp – all brought together and housed in a single heavy duty unit.
The Dimlux Xtreme Ballast gives you 7 separate dim options – considerably more than any other competing product – so you can precisely alter light output to match the changing demands of ever-developing plants. Two boost settings are available for generating up to 15% extra lumens than is advertised on the lamp, and the Soft Start and Soft Off features ensure you don’t get sudden surges of power when switching between “on” and “off” modes, protecting the product and upholding your safety.
Utilising superior electronic technology, the Xtreme Ballast operates very quietly and very efficiently, promising to save you money over time on you energy bills. It is reassuringly fireproof, employing a built-in processor to monitor the ballast-to-lamp connection and an LED display to inform you of the operating status, cutting the power in the event of a bad contact or short circuit.
If you chose to link up your light system(s) to a Maxi Controller (recommended – and an astonishing 160 units can be accommodated!), this sensational device will manage them all at once taking into account indicated day/night periods and minimum and maximum heat tolerances, applying even closer control with continuously-variable dimming rather than standard incremental dimming.
The Alpha Optics 98 Reflector has been made from mesmerizing 98% reflective Miro Silver aluminum. Crafted in a unique and effective manner, it only lets light waves hit the mirror-like surface of the interior on one occasion before projecting them downwards to cover over your plants. The light is also steered clear of any unnecessary and unwanted interactions with the lamp, minimizing overall wastage. These two aspects conform to the Single Bounce Clear Sight principle (SBCS).
Both sides of the reflector can be adjusted to manipulate the distribution of light and there are optional add-on reflectors for stopping light from hitting walls instead of floor space.
The open nature of the Alpha Optics 98 Reflector helps with the passive cooling of the lamp, improving its efficiency and overall life span. A 50mm port on the top of the unit actually allows you to extract the hot air away from around the lamp – a smart inclusion and standout feature.
Dimlux Expert Lighting Systems include an industry-leading Philips GreenPower lamp. Thanks to the internal voltage converter of the ballast, both the 600 Watt and 1000 Watt models are suitable for 400v lamps using a standard 230v connection. These help to ensure that you enjoy a high and stable light output.
How the Dimlux Expert Series - 1000 Watt Works:
Used by the grow industry, Professional 400 Volt HPS lamps have a number of key benefits which makes them superior to standard HPS lamps – even ones being run from top-quality digital ballasts.
A 400 Volt HPS lamp is much more efficient than a standard HPS lamp. Both systems consume 1000 watts and therefore cost exactly the same to run but the Pro HPS lamps run at a higher voltage and a lower current. 400 Volt Pro HPS lamps produce more light for the same power consumption and will give at least 10% higher yield compared to even the best standard HPS systems. In fact, when they are seen side-by-side, the HPS Pro lamps are noticeably brighter, run cooler and the light they produce is slightly whiter. So in addition to them giving a higher yield, plants grown under a 400 Volt Pro HPS are healthier, happier and are at less risk of heat damage too.
The way that the system works is that mains power (230 Volts) is fed directly to the combined ballast and reflector via a standard mains power lead. The special ballast then converts the mains electricity to drive the special 400 Volt / 1000 Watt Philips Master GreenPower Plus lamp. The distance from the ballast to the lamp is very short, meaning that virtually no power is lost through the connecting cable.
400 Volt / 1000 Watt Pro HPS Philips Master GreenPower Plus lamps maintain their efficiency and light output for much longer than standard HPS lamps. In fact they will normally last at least a year before they need to be changed out. It should be noted that normal HPS lamps and 400 Volt Pro HPS lamps are NOT interchangeable with different ballasts. Standard HPS lamps should only be used with standard or digital 230 Volt ballasts. 400 Volt Pro HPS lamps should only be used in lighting systems with a 400 Volt Pro HPS ballast. 400 Volt Pro HPS lamps can be identified by the HPS EL marking on them.
- Additional Information